Friday, August 22, 2008

Inspirational Interview with Sabriena Williams


I was very happy about this interview with Sabriena Williams, author of the upcoming book, Wait on the Lord, I Say Wait. She's a true inspiration to women and to Christians.

1) What inspired your latest work?

The inspiration behind Wait on the Lord, I Say Wait was my hasty decision to choose a mate for myself without waiting for God to send me the man he ordained for my life. In 2004, I was going through a period of loneliness and depression. I was struggling with low self-esteem and didn't know who I was in God. I had a strong desire to be married and fulfill my fleshy desire of being a bride. I thought that if I had a man, I would be complete. I thought the feelings of loneliness would subside, but it didn't. It got terribly worse. I took God's Word in Proverbs 18:22 lightly. "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord"

In my search, I found someone who did not have the ability to make me whole. The lesson I learned was Jesus is the only man that can complete you. I was trying to cover some emotional wounds. I was trying to appear normal. I was trying to beat my biological clock. I was in a mode of wanting to please the flesh. As a result of me being disobedient to God, my marriage lasted only 8 months and the experience was really painful.

2) How do you expect this book to speak to the Christian population?

This book will speak loud and clear to the Christian community. This book deals with church issues, family issues, work issues and of course relationship issues. There is not one christian that won't be able to relate. I really would like the single christian woman to know that even though the spirit of loneliness and depression may try to suffocate her mind into believing that God had not heard her prayers for a mate, He has. Women have to realize that singleness is not a curse. It is a time to spend time with Christ and prepare for the ministry of marriage. This book will show the walk of faith. As a Christian, you have to be ready for a uphill faith walk.

3) Tell us about your writing process. What was the most difficult and what was the easiest?

I am a self-taught writer. I have been writing since grade school. As a child, I enjoyed writing short stories, plays and poetry. I'm not a classroom writer. I never took any creative writing classes or anything. My weakest areas are grammar, punctuation and all that technical writing stuff. Thank God for professional editors.

God gives me a clear vision when writing so the easiest for me is developing the characters, though it isn't always that easy to do. I can see each character come alive right before my eyes. This was my very first book published that included characters and I am very excited about that.

4) What role did prayer play in your writing?

I prayed through each and every chapter of the book. There were many times when I wanted to give up. I was struggling with developing the characters, but God continued to remind me that he was with me every step of the way. I also had praying friends and family that offered tremendous support. I'm now asking God to make provisions for this book to be placed in major bookstores all around this world. The word and vision God imparted into me for this book will be a blessing for all.
5) Is there a Christian witness in your book? If so, is it obvious or hidden?

There is definitely a witness in this book. She tries to live a godly life and share her love for Jesus with others on a daily basis. Throughout the book, she holds on to faith and prayer. In this book, you will see God move.

6) Tell our readers about the beauty of saving themselves for marriage.

The beauty of saving yourself for a God ordained marriage is the assurance that God will bless it. God gave marraige as a gift to Adam and Eve. They were created perfect for each other. Marriage is instituted by God. Anything that God creates has a purpose. The beauty of waiting for God to bless you is all the time you can devote to God basking in his marvelous glory.

As single Christian women, we have to position ourselves to be found. We have to get our spirtitual houses in order. We can't expect God to send us anything we aren't ready for. We have to let go of jealousy, cut the cord on selffishness, divorce pity and shame, release depression, bury that lust spirit, evict our past and press forward to the destined place God has ordained just for us. God hears your prayers and wants to bless you, but you must be ready. My advice to all is Wait on the Lord.

To purchase this book pre-release, please visit http://store.livingwaterspc.com
Email Ms. Williams at aninspirationaltouch@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the designer of the cover for "Wait", I have been gifted with working with Sabriena on several projects including her websites. I truly feel her book has a positive message for all women, not just Christians, that waiting for the right moment and the right person is not only spiritually healthier, but physically healthier as well with this world of STDs and domestic abusers.

I am honored to have been a part of the making of this book.

kristi a beasley-levester said...

Sabriena, you are a beautiful person inside and out. You allow God to use you and therefore you shall be called blessed. Continue to do what the Lord has anointed you to do. Love Ya! ~ Kristi